top of page
Artifacts, Primary Source Documents, and other files.
UN Documents (English). CAUTION: Potential for political and national bias depending on period and topic. UN organizational bias.
1972 Convention on the Prohibition on the Development, Production, and Stockpiling of Bacteriological (Biological) and Toxin Weapons and their Destruction.
1. Built upon moral principles of the Geneva Convention agreement on Bacteriological Methods of Warfare 17 June 1925.
2. 14 Articles covering prohibition of research, production, stockpiling, development of delivery mechanisms and ordnance, transnational shipping, and employment in warfare. The articles also state it will never expire.
3. 1 Article notifying that multiple language copies have been made and are on record.
4. Commonly known as the 1972 Biological Warfare Convention (BWC).
5. Opened for signatures 10 April 1972.
6. Went into effect on 26 March 1975.
Click the image for full pdf
bottom of page